Sunday, March 15, 2009

AVON Motorcycle Tires



Early 1950's era Avon tires ad. I collect vintage tires for the period correct builds. I have 50 year old tires that look like they could have been made yesterday, and then there are the tires I have in use now that are covered in sidewall cracking that were only made a couple years ago. It all depends on what they've been exposed to and the quality of the rubber I guess? Avon's are my favorite brand with the 4" Drag Slick and 2.75" and smaller front Speedmasters being some of the most desireable. Some of the rarest would be the Bonneville land speed tires and the early 1950's models above. Anyone have any of these?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u


    Tires For Sale

    ReplyDelete