Friday, May 8, 2009

******* "Sonny Angel and Crazylegs" ******* 1939 Triumph Tiger Hybrid

Touring the world and modifying the old Triumph along the way to keep it in state of the art tune, sounds like a good way to live your life. Check the finned timing cover, Italian front brake, and all custom built suspension. I thought that this style of pointed, big fin exhaust clamps was a 70's design, but apparantly not. Banned by the AMA. Take note of the Bill Martin Triumph Spring frame mention. I am putting together material for a post on Bill Martin's aftermarket "Big Bear" Spring Frame kit and components to go along with my 1952 Thunderbird Spring Frame project. I need the May 1953 issue of CYCLE magazine and there was a 1953 JoMo flyer for the kit I would love to see. If you can help let me know.

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, nice finned timing cover and I've never seen that article before, very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a batch of CYCLE mags from the mid 1950's that have some other different types of modified Triumphs that I think are neat too and will be posting them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There`s so much to enjoy about this bike and to top it all off a nice scallop job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.

    ReplyDelete